Monday, June 13, 2011

Couldn't wait!

I have to tell you about the building of our forever family... at midnight. There's your disclaimer! Not until about a year ago did Jeff and I take hold of our calling to adopt and adopt NOW. We have had different things arise that made us think about adoption in the past but it was thoughts of "rescue" not thoughts of taking in the orphan as Christ did us... John 14:18. To me, there's a huge difference.

God used several different ways to spark a fire that has ignited our entire family, but the two that stick out the most are our dearest friends the Kuykendalls and a little girl that I will pray for all my life. The Kuykendalls have grown and are continuing to grow their family through adoption. We, a BIG HUGE community, are praying princess Ethi home!! We are ever so fortunate to share life with them and they spoke (speak) so much truth into our lives about adoption at times they didn't realize they were and then in those good, deep talks you have about what really matters in life.... you know what I'm talking about. Then there's the sweet girl, I obviously can't say a whole lot about her but I can tell you that I couldn't get my hands on her fast enough when I learned she was coming up for adoption. The Lord used her in a mighty way! Literally, at 14 months old, this child pushed us into the introduction meeting with adoption through CPS...2 months later we found ourselves completing our classes and after a "not so long" long road of paperwork, inspections and home study, we find ourselves approved to adopt a child who wants to call someone Daddy and Mommy FOREVER. And even more so, we want to call them our child FOREVER. The child that God has destined for us since the foundations of time. EXCITED!

.....ok, Back to sweet girl, i think (thought I am not certain) she has found a forever family. And we are filled with joy for her and absolutely WILL pray for her forever. So, where are we currently? Our homestudy has actually been given to two different case workers in regards to two different children. We are hoping to hear that we were selected for one of them in July. We pray that this journey does not end when we get our first placement. I would love nothing more than to jump right into international paperwork; however in my unexpected life I have learned that what I want to do and what God wants to do through Jeff and I are often two completely different things a lot of the time. I have also learned that Charlsie at the wheel of life is disaster so I find myself at the feet of Jesus pleading for his will, living this life under his grace and mercy and moving forward towards whatever is next.... everyday. It's always something new and it always finds me humbled and in awe of my Savior!

Religion that's pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep onself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27

1 comment:

  1. We are so blessed to witness the love, grace and mercy He has showered upon your family. We are EXCITED & HONORED to a part of your FOREVER family!

    ReplyDelete