Thursday, June 30, 2011

Maybe.

A little peek into my heart.... As you know, we are in the process of a domestic adoption... we are going on about 10 months. This is SO short and for that I have been completely thankful. It has had its challenges but so much good has come of those that I couldn't ask for it to be another way. We received our first bad news today in regards to a child needing a placement. We basically were not chosen by their case worker due to the age of our biological children. For reasons I will not list on here due to confidentiality, this is completely understandable and even a bit expected. However, it makes me sad. When we learn just a little information about children who need a permanent home, something happens in our heart that immediately attaches you to that child. I think a lot of it has to do with the calling our family has to adopt our next child and i think it has to do with the fire that's in our hearts knowing WE were adopted by Christ.

He predestined us for adoption to sonship through our Lord Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will. Ephesians 1:5.

All children deserve a place to call HOME. A family that despite their background and/or disability will love them the same way we've been shown love. To look at the face of a child and see all their troubles and all their heartbreak, scars, damage, lack of...... everything..... is no different than how we come to the feet of Jesus. How about I speak for myself, it's no different than how I come. Damaged, broken, sinful, heartbroken by this world. And it humbles me beyond words. 147 million orphans searching and I just boldly want to ask, how are you helping? Not as a way to expect YOU to help or a way to guilt you into helping but as a suggestion that as you read this, you realize you CAN help. I have no problem, however, saying that I do believe you sure as heck better at least open your heart to the fact that you might be needed in this regard... how? Maybe its financially supporting someone in the process, maybe it's being on your knees for the precious girl in Ethiopia who's family in Tyler Texas is FIGHTING and has been for a long time with everything they have to get her home, maybe its going to a local PRIDE class and seeing what is required of you to foster, maybe it's just being there in full support (i am so grateful for the people in my life that support us everyday), maybe its opening your home to the child the Lord may have for you since the foundations of time... but with this orphan crisis; and knowing you yourself have been adopted into the family of Christ, "maybe" is a great place to start. Allow the Lord to do something that will rock your world in a way you never thought possible. This journey opens your eyes to what life is really about.. gives you yet another perspective into the heart of Christ and makes you realize how much we ALL need a savior!

Where is my HOPE today knowing we are still waiting for our child? IN HIM. Trusting in the truth I know... The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it. 1 Thessalonians 5:24

There are other children our family is hoping to be chosen for AND we know who ultimately chooses and that's our peace. Is it hard? YES! For one who has had their patience meter refined and refined and refined, YES... so hard but so worth it! I know I can trust that truth. In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. Psalms 102:25

I pray he receives all glory.

Thankful to be His. Thankful to be called,

Cha:)

3 comments:

  1. Praying for your strength as you wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your heart for adoption and your sweet family :) So thankful for what God has done in adopting us!! I know God has a particular that needs an awesome family and I cant wait to see who He brings!

    ReplyDelete