Sunday, June 26, 2011

Family is good.


One of my most favorite things to do each and every year is our annual Spears family reunion. Usually, its just a weekend type thing and very local. However, this year we did something a little different and went further away to camp and for an entire week. It was JUST what my sweet family of four needed. Some time away to focus on each other, focus on all our blessings and spend time with our extended family. For this is one of our favorite things to do:) Vacation found us in Canyon Lake, Texas. The hill country. It was beautiful! It was also 107 degrees most days but a breeze from the valley greeted us most everyday. We swam, played HARD, and swam some more, ate really good.... and a lot, went to Gruene, and ate at Grist Mill! So good!

We opened Sea World up and shut them down one day. It was a blast! We all had such a great time together... the kids had a ball!!! My favorite part of the whole day was my daughter, Cambry. She has such a desire to learn. Such a desire to know and understand what's going on and at 2.5 she usually does, VERY well. And being introduced to lots of new marine life was no challenge. She soaked it all in and could not stop talking about everything she learned and saw. I kind of figured, like last year, her favorite would be "Shampoo" (Shamu) but no, if you ask her about sea world she will tell you about the very last show we saw, the smallest show that was at 8pm.... the sea lion and walrus show. She loved them and she can probably tell you more about them than I can.
She brings me so much joy in watching her eagerness and learning her strong character. The Lord blessed me with such a bright, cheery, active doll. She keeps us on our toes no doubt but she brightens up my days and challenges me to have joy for things that truly matter. Its amazing how much someone so young can teach you. One of my favorite memories of our trip is her heart towards disabled people. She sees them the same as her and has such a heart to love them. God gave her eyes that notice the ones that go unnoticed. And don't say hi to her without saying hi to her brother because she will gently let you know that you "forgot to say hello to my bubba". I pray this never goes away and that her passion gets even stronger for the least of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment